Some of the intrinsic advantages common to all the profiles include:
- Light weight (60% less weight than conventional walling material),
- Strong & durable- high Compressive strength
- Excellent Thermal and Sound Insulation
- Low water absorption of ~ 15%, thus minimal risk of dampness, cracks or shrinkage of walls
- Non-susceptible to carbonation thus providing greater durability
- Technical support provided by Wienerberger at construction sites
Light weight & faster construction
Porotherm Smart Bricks are 60% lighter than conventional walling material thus allowing substantial savings on structural cost due to reduction in dead load. This also allows for faster construction and ease of handling.
Comfortable and healthy living
Excellent thermal insulation that's 45% better compared to conventional walling material. This leads to direct savings on energy consumption on air consumption and heating devices.
Natural & Green
The clay used in our production is sourced from de-silting of dead water tanks and only natural additives like coal ash, rice husk and saw dust are used. It also has been credited by Indian Green Building Council for ratings.
Strength & Use
High compressive strength due the web design means improved productivity in masonry. It's also easy to chase and chisel for electrical and plumbing conduits making it simple to install all types of fixtures (geysers, air conditioners, cabinets, closets etc).
Unlimited life and maximum fire protection
Has an exceptionally long life, it doesn't burn as it is already fired at 1000 degrees and has a fire rating of F240 - 240 minutes.